1. What we collect.
We collect certain information or data about you when you use http://margaretcourt.co.uk/. Our storage of your personal data is governed by UK and EU laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- your name, email address, telephone number, address, questions and queries if you contact us via this website;
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on;
- your IP address*, and details of which version of web browser you used;
*Your IP address is a number allocated to your computer (or group of computers in a house or office) by your internet service provider. It is unique but can change because your ISP allocates it to enable interaction between your computer and the internet. It will be different when, for example, you use the same computer to access the internet via different ISPs, such as when you use a laptop at home and then in a cafe.
2. Who can see your data
The data about you which we collect can be seen by authorised people at Retirement Security Ltd, the court manager at the court(s) of which you enquire and at our website company, Blue Moon Creative (acting on our behalf). We and they use the data to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback or enquiries you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to you if you have requested them
- provide you with information about our services, if you want it.
Some information in the form of cookies (see ‘What we collect’ above) is shared with Google for the purposes of Google Analytics. This information is essentially anonymous, i.e. it is impossible for us or Blue Moon Creative to link Google Analytics data to identifiable individuals. If you have simultaneously volunteered additional information to Google (e.g. via its Chrome browser), it might be technically possible for Google to identify you, but we are not aware of this ever happening in relation to any user of our website.
3. Where your data is stored
Almost all of the data we hold about you is stored on secure servers within the European Economic Area (EEA). The one exception is information derived from cookies shared with Google and used for Google Analytics, which can be held by Google on servers with the EEA or the USA. All actions by Google in relation to the data of persons in the UK are subject to the GDPR. We use Google Analytics to see, in aggregate, how visitors use our website and thus how we might improve it. Google Analytics does not show any names, postal addresses or other information showing us, in itself, who individual visitors are.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
4. When you sign up to our email alerts
We use the Mailchimp delivery platform, managed by Blue Moon Creative, for our email alerts.
As a subscriber to our email alerts, we may contact you from time to time to ask for your feedback on how to improve our email alert service.
Mailchimp is part of the US company, The Rocket Science Group. All of its actions in relation to the personal data of persons with the EEA are governed by the GDPR and Mailchimp has confirmed to all UK customers that its storage of personal data complies with the GDPR.
If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from our email alerts please follow the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email alerts or alternatively, please instruct us at any time by emailing our Data Protection Officer here: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
The following section details which cookies you might encounter through this site:
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- This site uses a text size functionality so you can increase or decrease the size of the font being displayed throughout the website. In order to remember the size of the font in the event of a page reload we store a session cookie called ‘txtSize’. This cookie is automatically deleted once you close your browser session.
5. Keeping your data secure
Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is in transit.
Any data you send is at your own risk. We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
6. Disclosing your information to others
We do not share your information with any other organisations for their marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we do not pass on your details to other websites.
We do share, only for as long as necessary, some of your personal data with our website developers and operators, Blue Moon Creative. Blue Moon Creative does not share your data with others and only uses it when acting on our behalf. In the main, the only information which Blue Moon Creative holds for longer than 24 hours relates to cookies (please see previous sections).
7. How long we keep your data
We keep your data only for so long as it helps us to serve you and store it in as few places as possible.
Should you enter a formal contract with us, necessary information about you will be securely stored within our accounts system and kept for so long as tax regulations require.
8. Deleting your data
You can instruct us to delete your personal information at any time, by emailing our Data Protection Officer here: email@example.com
This will erase any identifiable personal information (such as your name and email address) that we have about you. And it will mean any data about how you’ve used our website (collected via cookies) will be made anonymous.
9. Seeing what information we have about you
You can get in touch to ask for a copy of that information. It costs £10 and – to reduce the likelihood of identify fraud – you will need to provide proof of identity.
To get in touch, please email or write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Protection Officer
Retirement Security Limited
18 Wood Street
Stratford upon Avon
10. Links to other websites
Our website, http://margaretcourt.co.uk/ may contain links to other websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to http://margaretcourt.co.uk/ from another website
11. More information
To read more info on the General Protection Act please go here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr